SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i have released the -V0.4 Real-Time Preemption patch, which can be
> downloaded from:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

I have been having problems on my UP system at home with all of the more
recent patches (since U10.X). Some would boot and then the networking
was severely busted (slowdowns, hangs, etc.), some would not even boot.
V0.4.3 was of the no boot variety. Just for grins I disabled kudzu, and
the thing boots fine with no networking or other problems. This very
well may have been a fluke, but I have successfully booted this kernel
twice now. It did hang on a reboot at the point when it should have been
doing the actual reboot and I had to press the button. I didn't have
time this morning to turn kudzu back on to see if was just a fluke that
it didn't boot the first time. Not sure what, if anything, this means,
but V0.4.3 is running very nicely on my UP system with no lag or
noticeable problems.

kr

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.637 / U:1.312 seconds]