    SubjectRe: solution Re: lost memory on a 4GB amd64

    Hello,

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Sergei Haller wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Andreas Klein (AK) wrote:
    >
    > AK> Additionaly there are some other problems that only occur, when the
    > AK> modules are installed one pair for each CPU.
    >
    > IIRC [I might be wrong], Andrew is running this board (S2885) with exactly
    > this memory configuration without problems.

    Yes, I have read that. I also have one board running without problems and
    45 boards which have the problem. The running one has been bought over a
    year ago. The 45 boards which are not running have been bought a few weeks
    ago.
    So I think they have made a bad change to the board design since the
    prototype board which is running perfect or there is a bug in the CPUs
    (maybe memory controller, or hypertransport). In the running board CPUs
    with stepping 1 are installed, the not running ones have CPU stepping 10.

    Bye,

    -- Andreas Klein
    asklein@cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
    root / webmaster @cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de