SubjectRe: My thoughts on the "new development model"
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Marcos D. Marado Torres wrote:

> When it happened in 2.4 2.5 was created. Isn't all this just the
> indication that we need a 2.6 development like 2.4 is, and we need 2.7
> to be created?

While a 2.7 series might provide developers with an "outlet"
for their creativity, it does not give users the availability
of the features they need.

Most features are developed because a user needs them now,
so having the users wait until 2.8 is not acceptable. Making
the distributions backport the needed features into 2.6 leads
to lots of duplicate effort and some code fragmentation.

I like the way 2.6 is currently being handled.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.118 / U:3.876 seconds]