SubjectRE: [ACPI] [RFC] dev_acpi: support for userspace access to acpi
If you want to have a full access to acpi subsystem from userspace, why not firstly move ACPI interpreter out of kernel?
Then, you can play with the whole ACPI subsystem with minimal cost of troubling kernel in userspace. Say, you can forget "
ioctl, read issues on files, complex data for sysfs, file per operation, etc...". Is it a more clean way ?

Thanks
Luming