    SubjectRe: lowmem_reserve (replaces protection)
    Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > the per-classzone kswapd treshold was very well taken care of in 2.4,
    > thanks the watermarks embedding the low/min/high and the classzone being
    > passed up to the kswapd wakeup function.

    Kswapd actually should take care of this properly: see the
    initial loop before the real scanning loop.

    I thought this was a bit subtle, but it seems to work fine,
    and Andrew likes it.

    I have a patch to explicitly have kswapd use the lower zone
    protection watermarks but I haven't really demonstrated it is
    better than what is currently there (other than being simpler).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.021 / U:1.120 seconds]