SubjectRE: The naming wars continue...
Date

But not everyone reads LKML or the annoucement..a lot of people may just
decide whether to try this out based on the name. They go to kernel.org from
time to time and say: I'll test the next rc release.

"RC" has a very well-known meaning. It would make people scared if they find
rc isn't stable, and lose a lot of potential testers. So why break it?

Even another meaningless name which doesn't collide with RC is better.

> Which is just another reason why the name itself is not that
> meaningful.
> It can never carry the kind of information that people seem
> to _expect_ it to carry.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.283 / U:0.572 seconds]