SubjectRe: 2.6.9-mm1: NForce3 problem (IRQ sharing issue?)
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > So did the system still misbehave? What happened?
>
> So far, so good. The problem has not happened yet, so I think it won't.
> Still, I have no such problems with 2.6.9*, although I do not boot them with
> noapic ...
>
> Thanks for your help anyway,

Ok, perhaps you shouldn't thank me ;) I actually sortof kinda broke your
box... The reason why it worked before was because the kernel defaulted to
disabling the IOAPIC on all nforce3 based systems but we found out that
most nforce3 systems are actually work with the IOAPIC if we just ignore
some bogus ACPI BIOS information. Your system happens to be one of the
more broken ones, i'd actually like to try debug your problem a bit
further, could you open up a bugzilla entry at bugzilla.kernel.org and
email me when you're done. In the meantime, just keep booting with
'noapic'

Thanks!
Zwane

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:1.980 / U:0.020 seconds]