    SubjectRe: 2.6.9-mm1
    Hans Reiser wrote:

    > I would like to encourage its inclusion as an experimental filesystem
    > BEFORE vendors ship it. I think first putting experimental stuff in the
    > kernels used by hackers makes sense. I think it creates more of a
    > community.

    I think -mm *is* what is run by hackers. That said, do you really think
    that it is stable with 4k stack? (that's a real question, it wasn't for
    me in 2.6.8-mm? when I briefly tried it).

    I see the major benefits to people running heavy i/o load, like database
    and servers. And those are the users with the most to lose if it still
    has residual learning experiences.

    I do think that akpm is capable of deciding when it should go in without
    all this politicing, and I doubt he or Linus care if it makes a vendor
    kernel first, considering all the things in vendor kernels which NEVER
    get to mainline.

    --
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)