SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0
>i have released the -V0 Real-Time Preemption patch, which can be
>downloaded from:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
Actually, I picked up -V0.1 since that was available when I started
this morning and of course -V0.2 came out while I was building....

The kernel I built does not even make it to single user mode unless
I disable selinux.

First try had console messages stop after the message
INIT: version 2.85 booting
but the Alt-Sysrq keys do work. Alt-Sysrq-L shows...

Pid: 5, comm: ksoftirqd/1
EIP: 0060:[<c011d808>] CPU:1
EIP is at smp_processor_id+0x28/0xc0
(registers and stack trace...)
preempt count: 00010002

Pid: 266, comm: IRQ 1
EIP: 0060:[<c0115b70>] CPU:0
EIP is at nmi_show_all_regs+0xd0/0x120
(registers and stack trace...)
preempt count: 00010002

If I repeat this a few times, the first process changed to "hotplug".
Repeating Alt-Sysrq-L will eventually gets stuck and requires
a hardware reset.

Second try - the INIT message was incomplete, stopping at
INIT:
plus the Alt-Sysrq keys not working at all.

Third try - added
selinux=0
to the boot parameters. Made it single user mode w/o any errors.
Using telinit 3 got me a few BUG messages related to modprobe
and sleeping from an invalid context. From what I read in
other messages, you may have already fixed that so I will be
building -V0.2 shortly.

I also got the atomic counter underflow (qdisc_destroy) message.

Let me know if you need the system log, it appears to have
captured the messages if you need them.

--Mark H Johnson
<mailto:Mark_H_Johnson@raytheon.com>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.272 / U:0.008 seconds]