    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6.9 Page Allocation Failures w/TSO+rollup.patch
    It does not cause any noticable problems that I know of, I guess it is
    just a bit disturbing.

    > Anyway, how often are you getting the messages?
    It depends what I am doing, sometimes they happen after 20-30 minutes,
    othertimes it takes a day or two.

    > How many ethernet cards in the system?

    There are 4 ethernet cards in the system.
    1) 3c905b (on-board)
    2) 3c905b (PCI)
    3) 3c900 Combo (PCI)
    4) Intel 82541GI/PI (PCI)

    > Can you run a kernel with sysrq support, and do `SysRq+M`
    > (close to when the allocation failure happens if possible, but
    > otherwise on a normally running system after it has been up
    > for a while). Then send in the dmesg.
    Ok, I will try this.

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Nick Piggin wrote:

    > Justin Piszcz wrote:
    >> I guess people who get this should just stick with 2.6.8.1?
    >>

    > Does it cause any noticable problems? If not, then stay with
    > 2.6.9.
    >
    > However, it would be nice to get to the bottom of it. It might
    > just be happening by chance on 2.6.9 but not 2.6.8.1 though...
    >
    > Anyway, how often are you getting the messages? How many
    > ethernet cards in the system?
    >
    > Can you run a kernel with sysrq support, and do `SysRq+M`
    > (close to when the allocation failure happens if possible, but
    > otherwise on a normally running system after it has been up
    > for a while). Then send in the dmesg.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nick

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.022 / U:117.996 seconds]