    SubjectRe: 2.6.9-mm1
    ey, i'd like to see it in the kernel too, i have seen people have
    issues, and people have also told me that i should be scared of losing
    my data, i have been using reiser4 since 2.6.5, and i have had servers
    running it (well not any servers with extremely high load though), and
    my workstation has it on a partition where i keep misc stuff, and this
    is also where i do alot of conversions of movies, with transcode, and
    alot other stuff, so it sure has alot activity, however, not a single
    problem... i think its perfectly fine enough to go into the kernel,
    atleast as marked EXPERIMENTAL, i would rather place my data on reiser4,
    than ext3, according to my experiences (and i do this too)

    On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 00:22 -0700, Avuton Olrich wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 03:20:39 -0700, Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:
    >
    > > - reiser4: not sure, really. The namespace extensions were disabled,
    > > although all the code for that is still present. Linus's filesystem
    > > criterion used to be "once lots of people are using it, preferably when
    > > vendors are shipping it". That's a bit of a chicken and egg thing though.
    > > Needs more discussion.
    >
    > *Disclamer: My first post to the list, sorry if something's wrong with
    > it (blame gmail ;P)*
    >
    > I've been using reiser4 in four of my computers since it was in -mm.
    > All partitions (excl. /boot), including 2 boxes that have been up
    > since (well, reboots for -mm updates from time to time) the reiser4
    > conversion and not a hiccup since. I'm always shocked when people
    > speak about how my computers are going to blow up, how people who run
    > reiser4 must be insane, etc... I've heard it all. Truth is, at the end
    > of the day, me, Joe End User, has had no issues. I'm not here to say
    > it's perfect (only the programmers know for sure, IANAP), but it's far
    > from unpredictable.
    >
    > The fs's have taken their share of beatings too, testing the new ACPI
    > stuff lately has lead to plenty of lockups and reiser4 deals much
    > better than filesystems I have played with in the past.
    >
    > What I'm trying to say here is I've seen more instability in other
    > places in the kernel lately than I've seen come from reiser4 at all.
    > What hurts when including it, when people have the choice not to
    > compile in and have the big EXPERIMENTAL warning?
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.024 / U:1.176 seconds]