    SubjectRe: bkbits - "@" question
    > On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 12:14:52PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
    > > > * Larry McVoy asked:
    > > > The web pages on contain email addresses. This is
    > > > probably about a 4 year too late question but would it help reduce
    > > > spam if we did something like s/@/ (at) / for all those
    > > > addresses?
    > > >
    > > > * Christoph Hellwig answered:
    > > > No.
    > >
    > > Why not, please?
    > Because spambots parse all this replacements anyway, and it makes cut
    > & pasting mail addresses if you want to reply to a change much easier.

    Strongly depends on how this is done. Of course, replacing by user(at) or even user AT domain DOT org
    won't help. However, I wonder what amount of spambots will spot user:
    domain org as a valid e-mail address.

    There are also HTML+CSS tricks that should work well. Split the address
    over right-floating span elements, these will display in the reverse
    order. I doubt that the spambots will get it right.

    I don't think that the cut'n'paste ability argument weights much here.
    How often do you do that?

    Jean Delvare

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.021 / U:12.160 seconds]