SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8
On Fri, Oct 22 2004, Bill Huey wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 10:59:28AM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > >
> > > The deadlock detector is needed. Whether you understand that or not is
> > > irrelevant to the current work that's being done. And your idiot attacks
> > > against it doesn't correct these issues nor does it gain credibility
> > > with the audience that does find it useful.
> >
> > *plonk*
> >
> > If you can't stand criticism without resorting to feeble personal
> > attacks, I suggest you go elsewhere.
>
> Then stick to the topic at hand, suggest positive changes, and cut the
> crap with implied personal attacks like the above. If you hadn't pull
> the discussion to that point, I wouldn't have reacted that way. It's
> completely juvenile behavior from you and you can't expect me or
> anybody else to take it sitting down.

What mails are you reading?!

Personally, I could not care less about the deadlock detection. If it's
a priority for you personally or due to corporate reasons, fine, but
don't involve me.

I have made no attacks on your deadlock detection other than to state
the obvious - that it has cases where it triggers on perfectly legit
code. If you read that as "implied personal attacks" or "juvenile
behaviour" then you need to grow thicker skin. The only personal attacks
here are the ones coming from you.

--
Jens Axboe