    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout
    On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:09:28PM -0600, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    [snip]

    > No. They seem to have some factual concrete evidence IP covered under
    > Employee
    > agreements was used and subsequently converted into Linux, and they are
    > very
    > confident of this. From a cursory viewpoint, it looks valid. I think
    > they have a case
    > (having been sued and nailed for the same type of thing by Novell).

    (Quoting from groklaw wrt that lawsuit:)

    "The judge had a few descriptive words for Mr. Merkey, as you will note
    particularly in paragraph 123 - 125 of the Findings of Fact:

    124. In fact, however, Merkey is not just prone to exaggeration, he also
    is and can be deceptive, not only to his adversaries, but also to his
    own partners, his business associates and to the court. He deliberately
    describes his own, separate reality."

    [snip]

    Meanwhile, life goes on as usual in the real world.

    Oh, and if you happen to need any code I might have contributed to the
    kernel, it's available under the GPL. Only.

    Regards: David Weinehall
    --
    /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander (\
    // Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //