    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8
    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:25:07 +0200
    Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@gmx.net> wrote:

    > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:55:00 +0200
    > Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
    >
    > > i dont think it's caused by trace_enabled - the trace you sent last time
    > > clearly showed erratic behavior. There's one piece of code i suspect in
    > > particular - could you try the patch below ontop of -U8? (i have
    > > compile- and boot- tested it)
    >
    > mango:/usr/src/linux-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8# patch -p1 </home/tapas/foo.patch
    > patching file kernel/sched.c
    > Hunk #5 succeeded at 3843 with fuzz 1.
    >
    > building anyways, reporting later..

    Hi,

    it seems that the pauses went away with that patch. The system is showing a
    different weird behaviour now. On last bootup the machine slowly died away
    (first my email program froze upon checking for mail, then starting top
    would just hang the respective xterm. ps still ran and procuced output [i
    didn't capture it though, doh], other stuff would hang, too. upon
    ctrl-alt-bkspc to kill the x server, it all locked up.. i have no serial
    console or other machine to test if it was still up in any way.

    And on this bootup the pauses are still gone, but as soon as i echo'ed 1
    into trace_enabled the mouse started to become very skippy (update freq at
    about 3hz). Keyboard is fine though.. putting trace_enabled back to 0
    doesn't fix it. I suppose it's just a matter of time until the next lockup.
    We'll see though..

    Syslog only sees critical section timing reports, no BUG's afaics.

    flo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:2.918 / U:0.256 seconds]