    SubjectMerging DRM and fbdev
    I've started on a merged fbdev and DRM driver model.
    It doesn't work yet but here's what the modules look like:

    Module Size Used by
    fbcon 38080 0
    radeon 123598 1
    fb 34344 2 fbcon,radeon
    drm 59044 1 radeon

    fbcon and fb modules are almost unmodified from the kernel source.
    radeonfb and radeondrm have been merged into a single driver. The
    merged driver uses both the drm and fb modules as libraries. It wasn't
    possible to build this model until drm supported drm-core.

    The radeon and fb modules will get smaller, I'm just beginning to use
    the delete key on them. There is still a lot of duplicated code inside
    the radeon driver.

    In this model a non-drm, fb only driver like cyber2000 could load only
    the fb and fbcon modules. I need to do some work rearranging generic
    library support functions to allow this.

    This is the next phase in the work described in this email:

    Jon Smirl

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.028 / U:7.616 seconds]