    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout
    Kurt Wall wrote:

    >On Tue, Oct 19, 2004, Jeff V. Merkey took 66 lines to troll:
    >>Although we do not work with them and are in fact on the the other side
    >>of Unixware from a
    >>competing viewpoint, SCO has contacted us and identifed with precise
    >>detail and factual
    >>documentation the code and intellectual property in Linux they claim was
    >>taken from Unix.
    >>We have reviewed their claims and they appear to create enough
    >>uncertianty to warrant
    >>removal of the infringing portions.
    >But, naturally, you can't reveal the precise files and lines of code that
    >SCO claim was stolen. For $DEITY's sake, you're still a Canopy stooge and
    >hanger on, even though you're smart enough to know better. How much did
    >NFT or Canopy give you to agree to this preposterous claim?
    >Welcome to my killfile.
    Yes, I can reveal them. All of XFS, All of JFS, and All of the SMP
    Support in Linux. I have no
    idea what the hell RCU is and when I find it, I'll remove it from the code.

    I don't work for Canopy. I know those guys but we parted ways a few
    years back. Utah Valley
    is sort of incenstuous, if you lived here, you would understand. It's a
    small place.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.020 / U:7.044 seconds]