SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout
Kurt Wall wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 19, 2004, Jeff V. Merkey took 66 lines to troll:
>

>>Although we do not work with them and are in fact on the the other side
>>of Unixware from a
>>competing viewpoint, SCO has contacted us and identifed with precise
>>detail and factual
>>documentation the code and intellectual property in Linux they claim was
>>taken from Unix.
>>We have reviewed their claims and they appear to create enough
>>uncertianty to warrant
>>removal of the infringing portions.
>>

>But, naturally, you can't reveal the precise files and lines of code that
>SCO claim was stolen. For $DEITY's sake, you're still a Canopy stooge and
>hanger on, even though you're smart enough to know better. How much did
>NFT or Canopy give you to agree to this preposterous claim?
>
>Welcome to my killfile.
>
>Kurt

Yes, I can reveal them. All of XFS, All of JFS, and All of the SMP
Support in Linux. I have no
idea what the hell RCU is and when I find it, I'll remove it from the code.

I don't work for Canopy. I know those guys but we parted ways a few
years back. Utah Valley
is sort of incenstuous, if you lived here, you would understand. It's a
small place.

Jeff