    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout
    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Kurt Wall wrote:

    > On Tue, Oct 19, 2004, Jeff V. Merkey took 66 lines to troll:
    >> Although we do not work with them and are in fact on the the other side
    >> of Unixware from a
    >> competing viewpoint, SCO has contacted us and identifed with precise
    >> detail and factual
    >> documentation the code and intellectual property in Linux they claim was
    >> taken from Unix.
    >> We have reviewed their claims and they appear to create enough
    >> uncertianty to warrant
    >> removal of the infringing portions.
    > But, naturally, you can't reveal the precise files and lines of code that
    > SCO claim was stolen. For $DEITY's sake, you're still a Canopy stooge and
    > hanger on, even though you're smart enough to know better. How much did
    > NFT or Canopy give you to agree to this preposterous claim?
    > Welcome to my killfile.
    > Kurt

    Some people just don't know how to tell a joke! I wonder how
    many companies have "non-exclusive" licenses to UNIX from AT&T?
    I don't recall SCO buying back any of those licenses. In particular,
    AT&T gave a non-exclusive license to many universities, including
    UC/Berkeley, where most of the student-written code came from
    before there was a Linux. Don't let SCO crap bother you. They
    don't have a leg to stand on. They think they "own" Unix while,
    in fact, it was given away long before they latched onto its last

    FYI, this DR-DOS is pretty interesting. I knew the founder of
    Digital Research, Gary Kildall. They probably would do well
    to check their facts before they put a history-rewrite on
    their web-pages. I think the DR-DOS is a hack of freedos
    and I think they might try the same thing with Linux.

    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version 2.6.9 on an i686 machine (5537.79 GrumpyMips).
    98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.020 / U:10.580 seconds]