SubjectRe: possible GPL violation by Free
On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 09:14 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think you just scanned the router, or whatever network appliance it is,
> behind the freebox :-)
>
> The freebox is quite transparent when it's plugged to the network. Try to
> just plug in to your computer and assign it an IP using arp -s...
>
> (not sure, however)

Ermmm, indeed, that's quite possible :-{ I've been lured by the MAC
address, which was correct. But that didn't mean anything.
The problem is that once the freebox is disconnected from the xDSL line,
it becomes completely silent on the network. nmap -O -P0 is meaningless.

It does seem to act like a bridge, indeed.

Mathieu wrote:
> Are you sure you don't scan your computer : the freebox v1 don't have
> router mode and act like a bridge.

No, my computer doesn't look like that.

I have asked Free for more information about the OS running on the
freebox. I don't know what kind of tests could be performed on such a
device. If you have any suggestion.

/er.

--
Eric Rannaud <eric.rannaud@ens.fr>