    SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc3 software suspend (pmdisk) stopped working
    Date
    On Friday 01 of October 2004 21:25, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

    > Pavel> Hi!
    > >> -rc3 >> ? In -rc2 it worked just fine. My script was

    > >> down >> the machine. Is there something else i need to do or am
    > >> missing ?
    > >>
    > Pavel> You are not missing anything, it is somehow broken. I'll try to
    > Pavel> find out what went wrong and fix it. In the meantime, look at
    > Pavel> -mm series, it works there. Pavel
    > >> I finally had a chance to try 2.6.9-rc3 here last night.
    > >>
    > >> It suspended ok for me, but on resume it would load in the cache
    > >> and then reboot. :(
    >
    > Rafael> Always? I mean, is it reproducible? I have a similar
    > Rafael> problem, but it is not reproducible, apparently. Sometimes it
    > Rafael> reboots, sometimes it reports a double fault, but most often
    > Rafael> it resumes just fine.
    >
    > Well, I only tried it twice, but it rebooted both times.
    >
    > After applying the patch below from Pavel on top of 2.6.9-rc3 it now
    > seems to work (again, I have only done a few cycles).
    >
    > Do you have HIMEM enabled?

    I'm not sure what you mean. It's an x86-64 system with 512 MB of RAM.

    > Does the patch below make it more stable for you?

    I have this patch applied, but I get double faults sometimes anyway.

    Greets,
    RJW

    --
    - Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
    - That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.