SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc3 software suspend (pmdisk) stopped working
Date
On Friday 01 of October 2004 21:25, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Pavel> Hi!
> >> -rc3 >> ? In -rc2 it worked just fine. My script was

> >> down >> the machine. Is there something else i need to do or am
> >> missing ?
> >>
> Pavel> You are not missing anything, it is somehow broken. I'll try to
> Pavel> find out what went wrong and fix it. In the meantime, look at
> Pavel> -mm series, it works there. Pavel
> >> I finally had a chance to try 2.6.9-rc3 here last night.
> >>
> >> It suspended ok for me, but on resume it would load in the cache
> >> and then reboot. :(
>
> Rafael> Always? I mean, is it reproducible? I have a similar
> Rafael> problem, but it is not reproducible, apparently. Sometimes it
> Rafael> reboots, sometimes it reports a double fault, but most often
> Rafael> it resumes just fine.
>
> Well, I only tried it twice, but it rebooted both times.
>
> After applying the patch below from Pavel on top of 2.6.9-rc3 it now
> seems to work (again, I have only done a few cycles).
>
> Do you have HIMEM enabled?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's an x86-64 system with 512 MB of RAM.

> Does the patch below make it more stable for you?

I have this patch applied, but I get double faults sometimes anyway.

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.