    SubjectRe: kernel 2.6.1 synaptics problems tapping and tap'n'drag

    You just have to pass "proto=imps" to the kernel...

    Mind Booster Noori

    - --
    Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori
    /"\ http://student.dei.uc.pt/~marado
    \ / marado@student.dei.uc.pt
    X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    / \ against HTML e-mail and Micro$oft attachments

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jon Westgate wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I run 2.6.1
    > I get mouse problems that I didn't get with 2.6.0
    > I'm running a compaq m300 (600MHz PIII) with a synaptics touch pad.
    >
    > In 2.6.0 there was an option to include or not include support for the
    > synaptics touchpad (I found that my touchpad worked just fine with that
    > option unchecked) in 2.6.1 that option is nolonger there.
    >
    > In 2.6.1 I find that the operation of the mouse is very erratic its
    > almost impossible to take your finger off the pad without the cursor
    > moving, Tapping doesn't work, The pad seems very accelerated (ie you
    > drag your finger a short distance and the cursor is at the other side of
    > the screen before you know it), Lastly if you dragged your finger to the
    > edge of the pad it used to continue on smoothly. This no longer works.
    >
    > My question is:
    > Is there a command line or append option I can put in lilo.conf to
    > prevent the synaptics driver from trying to reprogram my touchpad? I
    > quite like its default behavior. There is definatly something trying to
    > reprogram it as I have to turn off my laptop for it's behavior to return
    > to normal. Even if I reset it still needs a power cycle to fix it.
    > dmesg says my touchpad is this:
    > input: PS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio4
    >
    > I'm not running any special drivers or settings in XF86Config
    > I just have /dev/input/mice setup with protocol set as ImPS/2
    >
    > Regards
    > Jon Westgate
    >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.033 / U:0.012 seconds]