SubjectRe: kgdb cleanups
Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> No real code changes, but cleanups all over the place. What about
> applying?
>
> Ouch and arch-dependend code is moved to kernel/kgdb.c. I'll probably
> do x86-64 version so that is rather important.
>
> Pavel
A few comments:

I like the code seperation. Does it follow what Amit is doing? It would be
nice if Amit's version and this one could come together around this.

I don't think we want to merge the eth and regular kgdb just yet. I would,
however, like to keep eth completly out of the stub. Possibly a new module
which just takes care of steering the I/O to the correct place.

I think we might want to try the bad sys call one more time. If it triggers, a
kernel fix is in order. I don't see the point of removing it. After all, the
disable/enable on preempt really should be paired such that we never leave the
kernel with a preempt count.

I have new dwarft stuff. I actually have debug records that allow bt through
interrupt code. Working on the spin lock loops. It is fine to drop these at
this point as the new ones will replace them anyway.

--
George Anzinger george@mvista.com