SubjectRe: Cleanup patches - comparison is always [true|false] + unsigned/signed compare, and similar issues. (consolidating existing threads)
The key question in my view was what code was easiest to understand.
This is closest to being the code that is shortest, stripped of all
non-essential detail. But not exactly. Code is more like novel or
essay in my view, than a poem. I don't find haiku clear. However,
what is easiest to understand is a judgement call.

Since we were seeing here, with the remarks of folks such as myself,
a nice example of that well known phenomenon where a committee will
debate for hours over the $25 budget line item, and then pass the
$3 million item without comment, your conclusion to try using the
Trivial Patch Monkey sounds like a winner. Rusty has good judgement,
and for changes such as this, better one good judge making immediate
decisions, than lengthy lkml threads.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability