    SubjectRe: Problem with 2.4.24 e1000 and keepalived
    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:45:04 -0800
    Ben Greear <> wrote:

    > Willy Tarreau wrote:
    > > Hi Stephan,
    > > [...]
    > > What I noticed is that if you load the driver while the cable is unplugged,
    > > and then plug it, the MII status says the link is still down.
    > > Unfortunately, the only e100 I have access to are in prod at a customer's
    > > and I really cannot make tests there.
    > You have to bring the interface 'UP' before it will detect link,
    > with something like: ifconfig eth2 up
    > Could that be the problem?
    > Ben

    Hi Ben,

    the situation is like this (exactly this works flawlessly with tulip):

    - unplug all interfaces from the switches
    - reboot box
    - plug in _one_ interface
    - log into the box (yes, network works flawlessly)
    - start keepalived
    - now plug in rest of the interfaces
    - watch keepalived do _nothing_ (seems no UP event shows up)

    in comparison to:

    - let all interfaces plugged in
    - reboot box
    - log in
    - start keepalived
    - watch it work as expected

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.023 / U:11.816 seconds]