SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] QLogic qla2xxx driver update available (v8.00.00b7).
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:47:51AM -0800, Andrew Vasquez wrote:
> Yes, given the structure and form of recent patches, that certainly
> does seem to be the case - which from QLogic's standpoint (now) seems
> to be the proper path. Just for clarification, given the structure of
> the driver now (failover completely separated), inclusion of the
> qla2xxx driver would exclude the following failover files:
>
> qla_fo.c qla_foln.c qla_cfg.c qla_cfgln.c
>
> correct?

+ qla_inioct.c qla_xioct.c

and the associated headers for both the ioctl and failover code, of course

> > - The odd ioctl set to the qla device...I'd much rather see something
> > more standard that all FC drivers can use.
> >

> Are you proposing to standardize a transport by which a user-space
> application communicates with a driver (beyond IOCTLs), or, are you
> suggesting there be some commonality in functional interfaces (i.e.
> SNIA) for all FC drivers?

the SNIA HBA-API spec is completely broken. But we should try to support
a sanitized subset of the spec using the transport class work that's
currently discussed on linux-scsi.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.087 / U:0.860 seconds]