    SubjectRe: [solved] no ALSA sound in 2.6 on Intel 82801CA-ICH3 - OSS works
    Alessandro Suardi wrote:
    > I'm a bit ashamed about posting this, but I couldn't find anyone with
    > a similar problem googling. I admit up front that I'm ALSA-ignorant
    > so this could well be a silly configuration issue...

    [snipped the /proc/asound details]

    And it was; thanks to Gunther Sohler who tipped me the right way I
    installed the software I was missing (alsa-lib, alsa-driver and
    alsa-tools plus the xmms-alsa plugin), unmuted the audio channels
    by means of alsamixer (*the* problem - somehow the channels are
    muted by default), set volume for what I use and now xine/xmms
    play audio fine.

    As a bonus I cleared my mind about a few differences between ALSA
    and OSS :)

    Sorry for the waste of bandwidth and thanks again,

    "Immagina intensamente e vedrai
    dove gli altri pensano che non ci sia niente"
    (Cristina Dona', "Salti nell'aria")

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:33.784 seconds]