    SubjectGNU Public License violation?
    Hello Mr. Carter,

    I have discoveder that the CD Adaptec bundles with
    "Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 1210SA" contains Linux Kernel executable.
    (the cover of the CD says: "The CD will boot into Linux and
    provide the following menu selections", I also tried to boot the CD
    and it seems to boot Linux Kernel.

    However, I didn't find any Linux Kernel "complete corresponding
    machine-readable source code" accompanying the Kernel binary
    (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html, 2.a).

    Neither I found any "written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any
    third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing
    source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding
    source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a
    medium customarily used for software interchange" (2.b)

    I did an exhaustive search in the CDROM and accompanying booklet for these
    prerequisites and didn't find them. There isn't anything more in the box in
    which the controller is shipped that I could perform a search in.

    Thus I suspect you from GPL infringement. Can you explain how you adhere to GPL
    here?

    Copyright infringement is a criminal offense in Czech Republic, where this
    product has been obtained. An appropriate, but not mandatory, step taken in
    such a case is to inform state organs that such an infringement takes place.
    However I suggest more smooth solution for example in form of supplying the
    missing material(s) on the CDROM.

    Regards,

    Cl<

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.023 / U:0.132 seconds]