SubjectRe: xterm scrolling speed - scheduling weirdness in 2.6 ?!

Willy Tarreau wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:12:57AM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 11:24:39AM +0100, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>>
>>>[...]
>>>>
>>>Thats nothing *I* can try out as I am on the powerpc benh tree.
>>>

>>Says who? The scheduler isn't platform specific. Nick, do you have any per
>>arch defines in your patch?
>>

>I found slight changes to arch specific files, but IMHO this should not be
>the problem. But AFAIR, benh's ppc patches are somewhat complete and may
>introduce conflicts.

The problem is just that the mm tree is currently carrying some
intrusive (patch wise, not functionality wise) scheduler stuff
which will go to linus which is why I am working from there. So
the patch will only apply cleanly on the mm tree, but only because
of the cleanups + minor fixes. Nothing fundamental.

>BTW, for Nick, the patch didn't compile, I had to change sched_clock()
>definition from unsigned long long to unsigned long in
>arch/i386/kernel/timers/timer_tsc.c. Don't know if it was the right thing to
>do, but it compiles and boots.

Yeah thats right

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans