    SubjectRe: [OT] Crazy idea: Design open-source graphics chip
    Just one more crazy idea ...
    Have you thought about cooperating with some kind of commercial company?
    ie. SiS tried/is trying to create a 3D GPU without much success ... but
    they might be able to help manufacturing GPUs/Cards even in bigger
    series and as long as they dont have to invest too much in development
    and get some income i think they can do it. And as far as i know a lot
    of windows users would appreciate opensource graphics cores because of
    the advantages of opensource drivers. I would also say that there would
    be enough people interested in writing drivers for windows so your card
    could be generally very well marketable. I know this is not windows
    mailng list, but speaking of marketability of the core windows has the
    greates market share and having it working in windows too would mean
    that you are getting at production quotes big enough for reaching low
    prices. So why not "abuse" windows to get us a good GPU?

    Tomas Zvala

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.020 / U:0.060 seconds]