SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 015 release
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 05:45:41PM +0100, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> perhaps you remember me being a gentoo user wanting to switch to udev.
> Well I did so, but am having some problems:
>
> 1.) Minor one: Nodes for Nvidia (I am using binary display modules
> 1.0.5328) ar not created. I have to do it by hand each start-up (written
> into loacal.start.):
> mknod /dev/nvidia0 c 195 0
> mknod /dev/nvidiactl c 195 255

Heh, and you expect me to be able to modify a binary driver to work with
udev how? :)

You're on your own here...

> 2.) More probelmatic: I am having some serious troubles with my Epson
> Perfection USB scanner:
> a) I am to dumb to write a rule for it to map it to /dev/usb/scanner0
>
> I don't exactly know which SYSFS_ field to use as the don't match the
> lsusb descriptor. I tried various ones, but the scanner always gets
> mapped to /dev/scanner0. I managed to get my HP printer to be mapped to
> usb/lp0 by using its serial. This is my (latest non working )line for
> the scanner:

What does:
usbinfo -a -p /sys/class/usb/scanner0
say?

That should help you generate a proper rule.

> Now the serious issue: When rebooting or disconnecting the scanner I get
> a kernel oops:

That's because you shouldn't be using the scanner driver at all :)
Please just use the latest xscane, it can talk to the scanner through
usbfs/libusb with no kernel module needed. This is a well known bug if
you search the lkml archives...

Hope this helps.

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.265 / U:0.092 seconds]