    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 015 release
    On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 05:45:41PM +0100, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
    > Hi Greg,
    > perhaps you remember me being a gentoo user wanting to switch to udev.
    > Well I did so, but am having some problems:
    > 1.) Minor one: Nodes for Nvidia (I am using binary display modules
    > 1.0.5328) ar not created. I have to do it by hand each start-up (written
    > into loacal.start.):
    > mknod /dev/nvidia0 c 195 0
    > mknod /dev/nvidiactl c 195 255

    Heh, and you expect me to be able to modify a binary driver to work with
    udev how? :)

    You're on your own here...

    > 2.) More probelmatic: I am having some serious troubles with my Epson
    > Perfection USB scanner:
    > a) I am to dumb to write a rule for it to map it to /dev/usb/scanner0
    > I don't exactly know which SYSFS_ field to use as the don't match the
    > lsusb descriptor. I tried various ones, but the scanner always gets
    > mapped to /dev/scanner0. I managed to get my HP printer to be mapped to
    > usb/lp0 by using its serial. This is my (latest non working )line for
    > the scanner:

    What does:
    usbinfo -a -p /sys/class/usb/scanner0

    That should help you generate a proper rule.

    > Now the serious issue: When rebooting or disconnecting the scanner I get
    > a kernel oops:

    That's because you shouldn't be using the scanner driver at all :)
    Please just use the latest xscane, it can talk to the scanner through
    usbfs/libusb with no kernel module needed. This is a well known bug if
    you search the lkml archives...

    Hope this helps.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:2.328 seconds]