    SubjectRe: Compatibility of Nvidia NVNET driver license with GPL

    > If you are serious about this, we have tons of good ideas, and tons of
    > suggestions on how to avoid bad ideas :)
    > OpenCores ( might be a good place to start, as
    > they already have a 10/100 ethernet MAC which is working, and has been
    > silicon'd: Full "source" for
    > the MAC is available, in VHDL I think. OpenCores also has PCI VHDL and
    > other glue you may need.
    > You'll definitely want to implement autonegotiation. It's a showstopper
    > without that. And if it's not gigabit ethernet, it's already outdated.
    > So it's a tough challenge.

    AFAIK, Clock is developing
    ethernet-over-infrared-over-300meters-of-air. It knows what is at the
    other end, and probably does not need autonegotiation. It is probably
    not going to be gigabit, either. [Current version that works is 10mbit
    over ~300meters].
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:5.752 seconds]