SubjectRe: Compatibility of Nvidia NVNET driver license with GPL

> If you are serious about this, we have tons of good ideas, and tons of
> suggestions on how to avoid bad ideas :)
> OpenCores ( might be a good place to start, as
> they already have a 10/100 ethernet MAC which is working, and has been
> silicon'd: Full "source" for
> the MAC is available, in VHDL I think. OpenCores also has PCI VHDL and
> other glue you may need.
> You'll definitely want to implement autonegotiation. It's a showstopper
> without that. And if it's not gigabit ethernet, it's already outdated.
> So it's a tough challenge.

AFAIK, Clock is developing
ethernet-over-infrared-over-300meters-of-air. It knows what is at the
other end, and probably does not need autonegotiation. It is probably
not going to be gigabit, either. [Current version that works is 10mbit
over ~300meters].
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]