Subjectquestion about PCI setup with multiple CPUs on the PCI bus(es)

We have an interesting scenario thats causing us some headaches, and
before we go and re-invent the wheel, I've been asked to see if there's
any others that have had to do something similar.

We have a main board with a processor on it and a number of PCI buses
connected via bridges, with various devices on the buses. There are a
number of PMC slots on two of the buses two which are connected PMC
processor boards, each of which has a cpu, memory, various devices, and
a PCI bridge.

The problem we are running into is as follows:
1) the main board boots up, enumerates and configures the pci device
space, and boots the daughterboards
2) the daughterboards boot up, enumerate and (re)configure the pci
device space (differently than the cpu on the mainboard), and screw
everything up

We changed to kernel on the daughterboards to not touch PCI at all, and
everything worked fine. However, one of the daughterboards (which is on
its own pci bus separate from the others) needs to control two PCI devices.

We tried to modify the PCI code to just go out and discover what was in
PCI space, not configure any of it. However, as it did this it
reprogrammed the PCI bridges, wrecking the configuration that the cpu on
the main board expected.

Surely we aren't the only people that want to put multiple CPUs on a
single PCI space. How have people handled this in the past? Ideally
what I'm looking for is a CONFIG_NO_MANGLE_PCI or something to that
effect. As a last resort we are considering hardcoding the bus/device
topology for the two drivers on special daughterboard, but this seems
really kludgy.

Anyone have any advice?

Chris

--