    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH, 1/4] readX_check() performance evaluation

    Matthias> We have done a rather large study with DIMMs that had SBEs
    Matthias> I should have been more precice. We used field returned
    Matthias> parts which had reported SBEs and had been exchanged in
    Matthias> the field. Our goal was to see if any of these parts
    Matthias> "de-generate" over time. Most of these parts had hard
    Matthias> single bit failures in one or more locations.

    Ah, that's more interesting, agreed.

    Matthias> As I said, we didn't find evidence that even hard SBEs
    Matthias> turn into a multiple bit error.

    But you were changing the operating environment of the chip, so I
    wouldn't draw too strong of a conclusion. Or was the reason for the
    hard SBEs known and it was determined that the operating environment
    was not a factor in triggering them?

    --david

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.022 / U:304.600 seconds]