    SubjectRe: [patch] Re: Kernels > 2.6.1-mm3 do not boot. - SOLVED
    > Can you plesae confirm that restoring only -funit-at-a-time again produces
    > a crashy kernel? And that you are using a flavour of gcc-3.3? If so, I

    It works just fine on the SuSE 9.0 3.3-hammer gcc.

    So far the reports point to some Mandrake gcc 3.3 having problems
    (they used an older version of Hammer branch). It's hard to be sure
    because everybody having any problem with the kernel seems to like
    to report it to this thread :-) But before just disabling
    it I would like to track down the problem and see if it's really a
    compiler issue or something that can be fixed in the kernel.

    If you really want to disable it I would prefer to only check for that
    compiler version and keep it for working 3.3-hammers.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.019 / U:0.152 seconds]