    SubjectRe: [OT] Confirmation Spam Blocking was: List 'linux-dvb' closed to public posts

    > David> Getting well over 900 spams a day on average, almost double on
    > David> mondays, just isn't my cup of tea. There is no one solution to
    > David> spam. I pre-filter with spamassassin using all it's tools,
    > David> anything scoring high automatically gets /dev/nulled. Those
    > David> include bayesian, pattern matches, DNSBL, etc. Next I attempt
    > David> to filter viruses and the like. The remainder goes through
    > David> TMDA.
    >
    > Maybe you should consider using it properly, guess what it does work.
    >
    > David> Hmm, 900 spams in my mailbox, or half a dozen due to lists.
    > David> I'll take the second.
    >
    > 600 spams in my spambox over the last 48 hours, _1_ in my inbox, guess
    > that speaks for itself.

    Why some people gets so much spam ??, I'm getting like 20-50 at
    most(usually less), and I post to slashdot, i'm suscribed to several
    mailing lists. I have 3 mail accounts, all of the for years, more than
    7.

    I get about 1 or 2 spams on my inbox, and sa-learn has worked quite well
    on my box.

    I have never received a "random words" spam.

    It's kind of weird.

    Do the pople that gets ~600 spamd daily get a lot of repeated messages
    or they are all different ?

    Max

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.022 / U:0.160 seconds]