SubjectRe: pmdisk working on ppc (WAS: Help port swsusp to ppc)
Hi.

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 11:00, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Also, at least on pmac laptops, the HD is usually so fast, that
> I suspect spending 10 seconds freeing things is less efficient than
> spending this 10 seconds writing 200Mb of data to disk :) Also, one
> wakup, it's quite painful to see everything be swapped in again. It
> may make sense to be less agressive on the memory freeing, though
> finding a good balance isn't easy.

Yes. That's why suspend2 doesn't free any memory at all by default, but
gives the user the option of setting a maximum image size.

Regards,

Nigel
--
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans