SubjectRe: 2.4.25pre7 - cannot mount 128MB vfat fs on Minolta camera
Marc Mongenet wrote:
8<

> Well, 10 minutes after finally reporting the problem, I discovered that
> it is different than described above...
>
> So, I can mount the 16 MB card or the 128 MB card with any kernel,
> BUT I have to reboot the system when I change the cards. Example:
8<

I have some faint recollections of when I was using USB mass storage
camera media. Look into a package called scsiadd; which can be used to
rescan the bus and add/remove devices on the fly.

http://llg.cubic.org/tools/ is what google brings me up.

I think this will help you - you'll need to rescan the USB mass-storage
bus - remove/add devices when you change the parameters of a device.
It's quite easy, I cobbled together a little shell script that would
remove add the device then mount it. I used that script to mount the
USB card instead of mount - meant that I was sure the scsiadd stuff was
handled if needed.

I think this will help you work around having to reboot.

rgds,

Phil

--
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments