SubjectRe: [SOLVED] Illegal instruction with gl
> > I see no evidence that this is an agpgart problem.  When that does something
> > wrong, you usually end up with either a system lockup, or massive memory
> > corruption. Apps segfaulting would suggest to me that you have a problem with
> > your X GL libraries.
> >
> > You may have more luck asking the folks at dri-devel@lists.sf.net about it.

I was using 4.2.1.1 from debian. I just upgraded to 4.3.0 that's in debian
experimental and is now working. I really don't know what's changed between
versions, but I can't understand why just changing the system board would
have caused this. All I know is the fact that the old board used the
generic intel setup routines and this one uses 7505 (but I also changed it).

I guess the only thing is this board is too new for X to understand or
something.

I'd like to upgrade my video card, but I don't know what to get. I've
looked at what 3D is supported by the kernel and looks like I'll be going
for an ATI card. Any recommendations or a list of ati radeon cards that
work in 3D?