Subject[lkml] pseudo tty / kernel compile question
Hi,

I have read the FAQ and have searched heartily for anything which I
could understand about this, but have come up empty. I am replacing a
Unixware 7.1.1 server (not a unixware question) with RH ES3. The server
hosts a BASIC application so users log in via ssh sessions. The problem
is I am getting to around 120 users and then getting a no pseudo ttys
available. RH support had me bump up the number of instances in
xinetd.conf which did nothing. Then a person we use for Unix support
said that the type of pseudo ttys that we use is wrong. His example:

when I log in over ssh I get /dev/pts/0 when I type tty. But he says it
should be of type /dev/ptsp* I know (suspect strongly) that this is
configured in the kernel but not where. Can anyone please post a little
information for me regarding this.

I heartily welcome your assistance in smiting this unixware servers job.

Karl Tatgenhorst

PS if it is not too much further trouble, please CC any responses to
ktatgenhorst@eiltd.com

Thanks one and all

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:1.129 / U:0.008 seconds]