SubjectRe: PPC KGDB changes and some help?
Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:25:19AM -0600, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

>>>I imagine it's a style thing. I don't have a preference either way.
>>
>>I think we in PPC land have gotten used to that "style" because we have
>>one kernel that supports different "platforms", i.e. it selects the
>>appropriate code at runtime as George says. In general that's a little
>>bit slower and a little bit bigger.
>>
>>Unless you need to choose among PPC KGDB functions at runtime, which I
>>don't think you do, you don't need it...
>

> That's certainly true, so if (and if I understand Georges question
> right) Amit wants to change kgdb_arch into a set of required functions,
> with stubs in, say, kernel/kgdbdummy.c, (and just keep the flags / etc
> in the struct), that's fine with me.

Something like that. I would make use of the weak external to handle the stub
connection, i.e. the common code would define the stubs as weak functions. The
linker will choose a normal over a weak so it makes the right connection.

--
George Anzinger george@mvista.com