On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Thomas Molina wrote:

> I am getting the following error messages:

> as well as:
> Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
> SET failed on device eth0 ; Invalid argument.
> Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
> SET failed on device eth0 ; Operation not supported.
> This is the result of loading the drivers and activating eth0 for my
> wireless ethernet card. It is an SMC card using orinoco, orinoco_cs, and
> hermes drivers.

Well, I experienced this myself last night when trying ndiswrapper 0.4 as the
way to use my Intel Centrino Wireless Card, before seeing this massage I was
thinking it was ndiswrapper's fault...

(Happened to 2.6.1-mm4 and 2.6.1-mm5)

> I've included two files. The first is the output of lspci and the second
> is the configuration used to build 2.6.1-mm5.

If needed ask me and I'll do the same.

Mind Booster Noori

- --
Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori
\ /
X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/ \ against HTML e-mail and Micro$oft attachments
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76