SubjectRe: ALSA vs. OSS
Me too.  I cannot get ALSA working on my SB Live.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: Maybe the developer in
charge of ALSA's e-mu driver could work with us poor unfortunates.
There may be some commonality between our systems that causes this
(besides the sound blaster live).

My system:
Sound: SBLive Value
Redhat 7.3 (w/ piecemeal recompiles & upgrades)
Kernel: 2.6.1
CPU: Athlon XP 2100+
Mobo: ASUS (I think it's A7V333. I can confirm this later.)

-- Mark "runnin' dirty and deprecated" Borgerding