SubjectRe: Adaptec/DPT I2O Option Omitted From Linux 2.6.0 Kernel Configuration Tool
At 01:02 PM 2/01/2004, Andi Kleen wrote:
>Leon Toh <tltoh@attglobal.net> writes:
>
> > At this point of time I think fixing this driver for 32bit
> > architecture now is far more important than addressing 64bit
> > architecture, don't you agree Andi ?
>
>Unclear. The number of 2.4/AMD64 users tripping over this might
>be not much smaller than the number of early 2.6 adopter 32bit users.

Ok. So far I have not had anyone requesting for 64 bit Linux OS HBA
support. However I'm getting more request for 2.6 32 bit support as they
are starting development with it. Might be different in your part of world.

I'm not a programmer myself so I'm not sure how involved it would be to
tidy the driver up. If it's only a couple of additional lines than it can
be address at the same time. But if that's not the case than I think
Adaptec should tidy up the 32 bit support before working on 64 bit support.
Last I want to see is a complete buggy driver release due to a complete
rewrite of the driver for 32 and 64 bit support.

- Leon

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.521 / U:0.304 seconds]