    SubjectRe: [RFC] kill sleep_on
    På su , 18/01/2004 klokka 01:41, skreiv Andrew Morton:
    > It would be nice to fix up the lock_kernel()s in the NFS client: SMP lock
    > contention is quite high in there.

    Chuck did a study of that particular issue some 2-3 years ago, but we've
    addressed all the top problems on his list since then. Do you have any
    new numbers to show us? I ask because I'm not at all convinced that the
    BKL adds significantly to our latencies for the moment (I've been
    looking at those number in the last few days due to the readahead
    problems that have already been reported).

    I am, however, quite convinced that we need new statistics on this sort
    of issue. Chuck is therefore working on a set of patches to add an
    "iostat"-like tool to the NFS client. Hopefully that will help settle
    these questions.

    Cheers,
    Trond

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:5.556 seconds]