SubjectRe: No mouse wheel under 2.6.1 [Was: Re: Where are 2.6.x upgrade notes?]

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Greg Stark wrote:

> "Maciej Soltysiak" <solt@dns.toxicfilms.tv> writes:
>
> > > Upgrade FAQ somewhere like there was with 2.4?
> >
> > Kind of, yes. A lengthy document, but still...
> > I think the 'Known Gotchas' section could be extended by
> > new problems that might appear. ALSA being muted issue
> > is not included there.
>
> Well I think ALSA being muted will catch lots of people. As luck would have it
> it was the one thing I knew about in advance and it didn't help. As far as I
> can tell the Alsa i810 driver just doesn't produce audio at all. I tried both
> the kernel source and the 1.0.1 source. Thankfully the OSS drivers still work.

I am using ALSA with 2.6. I needed to enable the OSS emulation API to get
sound working for me.

> But I'm still stuck with no mouse wheel. I'm really weirded out by this. I've
> tried both /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mouse0 and neither allow X to receive
> anything for the mouse wheel.
>
> I'm using protocol MousemanPlusPS/2 with this logitech M-C48 mouse, which has
> always worked fine in the past. I just verified it still works fine under
> 2.4.23pre4 with the same version of X.
>
> Does it work for anyone else?

I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse. I run it with IMPS/2 protocol
in both console and X mode. My XF86Config shows mouse input devices at
/dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.063 / U:0.304 seconds]