SubjectRe: [USB-STORAGE] Repeatable lost files problem
Based on this data, I'm guessing that the player is attempting to perform
some sort of special test on the data. If the file doesn't conform, or if
the filesystem is 'different' in some way, it obliterates the offending
material.

Your information suggests that the file-transport and storage itself are
just fine. The material is only lost when the MP3 player's firmware runs
for a little while.

Matt