    SubjectRe: Slow NFS performance over wireless!
    På ty , 13/01/2004 klokka 15:25, skreiv Joshua M. Thompson:
    > I've noticed a similar problem here since upgrading to 2.6. In my case
    > not has NFS performance gone through the floor vs 2.4.22 but so has
    > machine performance during the transfer. In 2.4 the machine would be a
    > bit sluggish but usable...under 2.6 the machine is more or less
    > *unusable* until the NFS transfer completes. Trying to say, open up
    > Evolution may take upwards of ten minutes to complete. Unfortunately due
    > to the extreme performance problem it's not even possible to do any
    > diagnostics on the machine while it's happening.

    There are a couple of performance related patches that should be applied
    to stock 2.6.0/2.6.1. One handles a problem with remove_suid()
    generating a whole load of SETATTR calls if you are writing to a file
    that has the "x" bit set. The other handles an efficiency issue related
    to random write + read combinations.

    Either look for them on my website (under, or apply Andrew's 2.6.1-mm2 patch.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.040 / U:0.392 seconds]