    SubjectRe: Slow NFS performance over wireless!
    På må , 12/01/2004 klokka 20:55, skreiv Roman Gaufman:
    > I have searched all over the nfs, enabled higher caching on nfs, enabled the
    > usage of tcp, tried to pass hard, but transfer rates very poor, and only for
    > nfs transfer, so it doesn't seem my network configurations are wrong as scp,
    > html, ftp seem to work on full speed.

    You should definitely enable TCP in this case.

    Most likely causes: you may have a problem with echos on your wireless,
    or you may have a faulty driver for your NIC.

    Try looking at 'netstat -s' on both the server and the client. Monitor
    the number of TCP segments sent out, number retransmitted, and number of
    segments received on both ends of the connection while doing a set of
    writes, then do the same for a set of reads.

    Also try monitoring the wireless rates (iwlist <interface> rate), and
    quality of link (iwlist <interface> ap) while this is going on. Note: if
    your driver doesn't support iwlist, then just typing 'iwconfig
    <interface>' might also give you these numbers.

    Cheers,
    Trond

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.027 / U:29.408 seconds]