    SubjectSlow NFS performance over wireless!

    I have experienced extremely poor NFS performance over wireless, when I scp a
    piece of information from server to laptop, transfer rates stay stable and
    file transfers, when I use NFS transfer rates jump constantly, and most of
    the time file is NOT transfering.

    I have searched all over the nfs, enabled higher caching on nfs, enabled the
    usage of tcp, tried to pass hard, but transfer rates very poor, and only for
    nfs transfer, so it doesn't seem my network configurations are wrong as scp,
    html, ftp seem to work on full speed.

    On other machines on the network (non wireless) running same kernel (2.6.0)
    everything seems fine.

    Can anyone suggest what I could test to trace this problem?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.019 / U:12.328 seconds]