    SubjectRe: Synaptics Touchpad workaround for strange behavior after Sync loss (With Patch).

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

    > > I dont have a machine with active multiplexing so the the patch is
    > > untested. It warns when the mouse is removed, and tries to recover
    > > if multiplexing is disabled.
    > It's nice, but er definitely shouldn't call i8042_enable_mux() from the
    > interrupt handler, because i8042_command() waits for characters arriving
    > in the interrupt handler, so we could get into rather nasty recursions.

    Are you sure? The i8042_command does spin_lock_irqsave(&i8042_lock,
    flags), i8042_wait_read, i8042_read_data and unlock. It seems a good place
    for me as the 8042s buffer is just flush by the interrupt. Well except for
    the fact it is in the interrupt handler :)

    I cannot see a simple/fast solution: All data read in the interrupt must
    be processed otherwise kbd data might be lost. I dont want
    I8042_BUFFER_SIZE calls to serio_rescan/reconnect, as serio is not smart
    enought to only do it once. The mux port number(s) must be remembered if
    serio is called after the loop. I dont like any further calls to
    i8042_flush as it troughs away both kbd and aux data.

    hmm, I actually want the handler to look something like:

    if (str & I8042_STR_MUXERR)

    That way i8042_flush can call handle_*_data depending on what to flush.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.020 / U:8.416 seconds]